By Christopher M. Nichols,Nancy C. Unger
- The unmarried, definitive source for the newest nation of data in terms of the heritage and historiography of the Gilded Age and revolutionary Era
- Features contributions by way of prime students in quite a lot of suitable specialties
- Coverage of the interval contains geographic, social, cultural, monetary, political, diplomatic, ethnic, racial, gendered, non secular, international, and ecological topics and approaches
- In today’s period, also known as a “second Gilded Age,” this publication deals proper old research of the criteria that helped create modern society
- Fills a massive chronological hole in period-based American background collections
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Gilded Age and Progressive Era (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Similar american history_1 books
While Bristol�s race song opened in 1961, tickets have been usually given away to fill the 18,000 seats. through the years, Bristol Motor Speedway has grown to 160,000 seats and mythical prestige between race fanatics. there's a fascination with the unforgettable moments that occur on the tune, together with rivalries which are challenging to overlook while enthusiasts can watch all of the motion round the half-mile tune regardless of the place they're seated.
In contrast to another reproductions of vintage texts (1) we've not used OCR(Optical personality Recognition), as this results in undesirable caliber books with brought typos. (2) In books the place there are photos resembling snap shots, maps, sketches and so forth now we have endeavoured to maintain the standard of those photos, in order that they characterize properly the unique artefact.
100 and fifty years in the past, Florida was once shaken by means of conflict, blockade, fiscal deprivation, and the demise of local sons either inside and much open air its borders. this day, tributes to the valor and sacrifice of Florida’s infantrymen, sailors, and civilians are available from the Panhandle to the Keys. Authors Lees and Gaske examine the range of Civil warfare monuments inbuilt Florida among Reconstruction and the current day, elucidating their emblematic and social dimensions.
The culinary history of such a lot areas within the US is frequently made up our minds via the ethnic food of these who settled there, no matter if it's the Cajun/Creole nutrients of Louisiana or the Italian-inspired fare of the Northeast. For Maryland, the foodstuff that defines the nation is much less in regards to the ethnicity of the inhabitants than the bounty which springs forth from the Chesapeake Bay.
Extra resources for A Companion to the Gilded Age and Progressive Era (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)